Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Heart-N-Hands Support Group

Okay...here is a link to our little support groups magazine debut!

http://heartnhands.org/clientimages/39610/inheartnhands.pdf

We were interviewed by the hospital's press staff (or something like that) and then they took pictures and put us in their publication. I would just like to mention that I DID NOT want to participate in this picture because Micah had just had his endoscopy and I had NOT even showered yet...but they (the other mom's) MADE ME! Sorry I look like poo! You do need to look at the GORGEOUS Dr. Mendeloff too. He is surrounded by a bunch of his heart kids in the picture. Not only is he handsome, he is the most compassionate, caring and thoughtful man. Every day he would come to the PICU to check on Micah, and his first words were to ask ME how I was doing! ME--I would always say, don't worry about me, it is Micah I am worried about. His reply was always the same..."he is doing just fine, it is YOU I am worried about" That is just the kind of man he is. He also had told me once that he spent his entire life preparing himself for this world of CHD, I was just thrown into it, and he wanted to help me make it through (of course, he was talking about Jonathan too, but he was not there as much as me...I NEVER left!)

1 comment:

The Portas said...

Oh my gosh, the kid in the front left of the pic with Dr. M cracked me up. :) Dr. M is pretty cute! It sounds like he's an awesome guy. It really helps to have a surgeon with people skills and compassion, doesn't it? Our Dr. Moga is like that, too.

And you do NOT look bad in the pic, silly girl. You're a hot mama!