My Caringbridge site seems to be down today, but I wanted to write this down before I forgot all my stuff...I will copy and paste to my other site once it is back up and running. Scroll down for LOADS of great pictures of the kids!
Oeuf Batoux (pronounced uf-ba two)—that is all I have to say. My kids definitely have some of that Tunisian blood in them from their daddy’s side of the family. Let me first tell you what oeuf batoux is (not sure if this is the correct French spelling, but that is my best guess)…it is raw eggs, sugar and vanilla whipped together…it tastes just like cookie dough and it seems to be the cure all to all eating/medications in the Major household.
Let’s start with Noah…Noah was started on some medicine last week to help him with his attention/impulsivity…the only problem is that this medicine is a capsule and he is not able to swallow it. The directions say that if you are not able to swallow it to dump the contents of the capsule onto a spoonful of applesauce and eat that. Well, Noah HATES applesauce and the chocolate pudding that I tried the next day. He made this perfectly clear to me as he—sorry in advance for the detail—threw up the one bite of pudding that I gave him. So…Jonathan is the genius in tricking our children…he first dumped some powder candy onto a spoon and then the capsule…he ate it right up…but later that day, Jonathan mixed up the oeuf batoux and we found that Noah loves it, so we tried it this morning…the kid never knew what hit him…he just thought he was getting a special morning treat. Leah loves the stuff too.
Micah also loves it tremendously…now one might say that I should not be feeding the child raw egg, but if he is willing to eat it, I am willing to let him…he does not eat that much at a time, so I guess it is okay. Speaking of Micah and food…he is eating again! He ate a ton of brisket the other night and last night he gobbled up a ton of salmon! He also ate some Finding Nemo pasta with lots of butter on it and he is a boy after his mommy’s own heart and LOVES Hershey’s bars…he has been eating all the Hershey’s bars that the kids collected on Halloween. When I weighed him last night, he was up to 17 lbs 15 ozs…not sure if that is a real accurate weight, but it sure looked good to me! He is also willing to drink a small amount from a new sippy cup I found him. We are starting to make some real progress with him.
Noah and Leah both got their flu shots on Saturday…now that was an adventure. Noah was scared leading up to it, but he requested that he go first…so he was on the table and I held his hands and the nurse gave him the shot…he kept waiting for something to hurt, but it never did. He was our flu shot superstar! Leah, she was a whole different story…she was screaming for the entire time and did not stop until we were out the door and then she brought the tears back on later in the day…she is so dramatic! She requested to drive home with Daddy—such a Daddy’s girl—typical…he gives her everything she wants! Now, we have all gotten our shots so I feel much better about that.
Here is a glimpse into our crazy week…
Tuesday: Micah sees the pulmonologist
Wednesday: Noah and Leah go to speech and Micah sees his Early Childhood Interventionist for walking
Thursday: Micah gets his RSV shot and then we are babysitting his buddy Jacob that afternoon
Friday: Noah goes to speech, Micah sees his speech therapist at 10:30 and at 1:50 he sees Dr. Goebel to have his liver rechecked and his weight checked.
Saturday: Noah has his last t-ball game at 8:30, Leah has dance at 8:45, Noah has t-ball pictures at 9:30 and Noah has his t-ball pizza party at 1:00. Jonathan may be going to Germany that evening as well…I have not heard yet…so we may be driving him to the airport, which means TONS of crying on the way home…not fun for Mommy…Noah actually blames me when we drive Jon to the airport—he says it is my fault that Daddy is leaving…someone tell me how to make that not break a mommy’s heart.
Sunday: Noah and I have Sunday school…and if Jon is in Germany…my parents will be forced to watch Leah & Micah…we would sleep at their house again on Saturday night…Mom & Dad…I will let you know soon J
I think that about covers it for now around here. I would like to request that you keep these two adorable heart boys in your thoughts this week…Little Elijah has a bad viral infection again http://babyporta.blogspot.com and Little Isaac is having open-heart surgery on Wednesday http://rollersinvegas.blogspot.com Both of these precious boys have Tetralogy of Fallot (Micah had two of the 4 components of this heart defect).
Lots of Love,
Samantha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great that you found a way to get his meds down! Good thinking!
Can I add you Micah to my heart kids? If yes, which site should I put?
Post a Comment